Feb 19, 2013

We Like to Shoot Guns, Okay!

You know, I am getting so tired of all these evil, spineless, mass muderers being called "shooters"
Can we please call them what they are, disgustingly disturbed killers.
The media would love nothing more than to make it look as though anyone with a gun is a threat.
I am a "shooter" my family and Arron's family are all "shooters"
We know how to use guns, we have taken gun safety classes and hunters ed. We have a right to protect ourselves with guns, and we like to shoot.

I have been around guns my whole life. I was taught gun safety when I was young. I knew they were not toys and I respected them. Guns were not taboo, just part of our lives. We took them camping, hunting, and sometimes we would go out and target practice.



 

 
When I hear people refer to these killers as "shooters" I am going to use the opportunity to educate them. Most shooters are just like you and me. We love God, we love our country, our families, life is precious to us and we abide by the law. You want us to have guns. These low-life delinquents should NOT be refered to as "shooters" they really shouldn't be refered to at all. Their names should not make the news, and all the papers, with their head count next to it like a trophy.
 


2 comments:

ErickShore said...

Right on Kyersten! There are so many opportunities for education these days. I too am feeling tired of being demonized for enjoying shooting, one of the most fabulous outdoor activities.

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Amen. Well said!